Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Week 2 November 10, 2015



This past week has been amazing with interesting up's and downs. Tuesday evening I felt really sick because my allergies were awful. For the next four days I suffered major sinus pressure which caused my jaw to hurt. I also could not focus on my studies for the life of me..... I felt so stupid :p I went to the little clinic the MTC has here, and got a prescription for specific allergy medication. I feel a lot better now, and it only cost $14.

 My companion sister Hitchcock has left me for Brazil this morning, and I am now a solo sister. It's not bad because I love the sisters in my zone! They are absolutely the best, and such wonderful examples to me!

 My first investigator became my teacher!!! Irma Smith is so wonderful, and even though both of my teachers are mainly speaking Portuguese, I am understanding!!!.....well, better then I was when I first came... Oh yeah, now that Sister Hitchcock has left me (She became one of my best friends), I will now have two investigators to teach by myself. I'm not extremely nervous about this because they are my teachers, but they are portraying real investigators that they taught, so yeah...I'm up for some great lessons!

 About the language, I feel like I haven't gotten any better at it, and that I can't really teach the lessons, but the Spirit is amazing during those moments. Both of my teachers have told me that the Spirit has spoken through us (my companion and I), and that we said things that they know we didn't learn yet. I was surprised, I didn't even realize! The gift of tongues is real when your focus is on who you're teaching, and your purpose as a missionary. 

Irmao Machado had my companion and I do an interesting, but very influential activity on Saturday. He shut the door to our classroom, turned off the lights, closed the blinds, and turned on some quite hymns. He then told us this scenario; The airplane is close to crashing, and there are three people, and only one parachute. He tells us that before we die we should quickly write a letter to our families, and that he would deliver them, for he was going to use the parachute. As I wrote my letter, I thought really hard about what last words I would leave my family, and I wrote down my testimony about everything I know to be true, and how my love for you guys can't even be put into words. Sister Hitchcock, I could tell, had a hard time writing her's because all the emotions she had caused her to cry. I don't know why I wasn't like that because I am normally an emotional person, and this topic should have made me cry too, but instead all I felt was calm and peace. After we finished we handed him our letters, and he opened the door, tore our letters to pieces, and left. What? I was confused.... He came back and explained why he did that, but first asked us how we felt. After we told him our feelings, he told us that this reflects the importance of the Book of Mormon. How would you feel if you were a prophet who worked hard on writing the plates that are now The Book of Mormon, and then have people reject, not read, or even treat these scriptures with disrespect? The Book of Mormon is so important, and must not be treated disrespectfully. It is truly another testament of Jesus Christ because it basically mentions His Name on every single page. Yup, that was a good activity, and one that I will never forget!

 I got a calling, I'm in charge of music on Sundays, picking the hymns, and putting together special musical numbers! I'm excited! I'm also teaching Relief Society this Sunday, so wish me luck! Well, I love you guys soooooo much!!! I will never stop trying to do my best in learning and teaching! I keep all of you in my prayers, and am happy with what you are all accomplishing! Forca e Honra (Strength and Honor)

No comments:

Post a Comment