Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 4 November 24, 2015 "Santo Espirito de Deus"

MTC District



Oi a familia e o amigos! Eu sou muito bom! (Hey family and friends! I am really good!)


This week has been such a spiritual week for me! Because I am the only student in my class, my two teachers really make it personal. I have been so blessed because of this, and I am extremely grateful. My favorite part of every day is when I go in to teach my investigator! I have learned to follow the spirit, and really learn to listen to what the investigators are telling me. My two investigators went to church on Sunday, and my investigator Carlos has excepted the invitation to be baptized, and is now preparing!!!! The feedback my teachers give help me immensely. 

The food is alright, and I am so very grateful for it, but it hasn't agreed with me this week. I felt sick on Sunday, and almost threw up. I am feeling much better today. My allergies are completely gone, and when my temporary companion got really sick, I was able to give her my left over medication which helped her a lot! 

All of the missionaries in my zone that were ahead of me, and who I really learned to love left yesterday morning. I'm going to miss them. If it wasn't for the 35 new missionaries that were added to our zone, it would have been just me and a solo elder. By the way mom, before Elder Smith left, he asked for my email so that he could send me the emails I need to submit my music to the church!!! You know, because he has connections :) I'm so excited!!! I sou muito animada!!!!!
I love the new sisters, and we are already feeling close! I am still a solo sister, so I can be by myself in my classroom, but when I go places, and am in the residence hall, I am with other sisters in my district. 

Sunday afternoon, I was with one of the old districts (gonna miss that district) and we had what they called "The Circle of Revelção." We all went around in a circle, and said what they liked about each person. They are all so wonderful! Sister McClellin, Sister McCall, Sister Lee, Elder Richardson, Elder Fernandes, and Elder Aston. When they got to me, and told me what they saw in me, I came close to crying. Sometimes you just want to do the best you can to be pleasing to the Lord, and to serve others, but don't see yourself as being amazing. Everyone in my zone has been wonderful examples to me, and being told by a sister who is really close to me that I am an example, and that when she looks at me she literally see's a daughter of God, The Spirit again testifies to me that I am. I am so grateful for all the experiences that I have experienced in the CTM (MTC). 

Mom, I thought of a song awhile ago when I was feeling lonely and sad (because I was by myself), it was "I Will Follow God's Plan (Vou Cumprir o Plano de Deus)." 
It made me cry happy tears when I sang it to myself in Portuguese:                                                              Existe razão em nosso viver;
  1.                       Existe um plano que nos fez nascer.
                          Por minha escolha a esta Terra vim
                          E devo buscar o melhor para mim.
                          Este plano eu vou cumprir,
                          A palavra de Deus vou seguir.
                          Vou trabalhar e sempre orar,
                          Seu caminho quero trilhar
                          E a felicidade e paz
                          Não findarão jamais.
After I sang that, I thought about the families in Brazil who need to know God's loving plan of happiness for them. The same night I re-read my patriarchal blessing and read a line that I hadn't exactly remembered from before about me sharing my testimony with others, and my role in sharing the gospel, "It is your  r e s p o s i b i l i t y" I know that I have promised certain people in Cuiabá Brasil, and I will NOT let them down. I knew that I would be giving up many things for me when I left, but no matter how hard it will be on my mission, I know that as I remain focused on my purpose, and on the people I will invite, help, and serve, all will be well. I am the Lord's instrument, and however He plans on using me to help fulfill His Plan, I will go and do. I love this gospel. I love how I feel when I do what is right. I love being able to serve others. I do not only have a testimony of the truthfulness of it, but I am becoming more, and more converted. I know it to be true, and I know that God knows it, so how could I ever deny it? I promise that I will not come home until I have finished and fulfilled this mission which I have been called to labor. 

I would like to invite the whole family to study Alma 5 together, and to individually answer to the questions that are asked, and to heed to his council. 

I love you all so very much, and always keep you in my prayers. I am so proud of everything that you are accomplishing, keep up the good work! May God bless you!
With love from your daughter Sister (Jessica) Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment