Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 3 November 17, 2015 "Miracles"

Oi! como é minha familia? This past week has been absolutely incredible, and spiritual for me. Wednesday was my first time teaching an investigator by myself (because I am a solo sister). Her name is Ryesa, and she is very sweet, and it was fun getting to know her, but what happened during that lesson was amazing! Right after we had a prayer, the Spirit guided and spoke through me. My Portuguese was not perfect, but I gave the whole Restoration lesson without trouble, and she told me that she felt love, and that she was happy. The gift of tongues is real, and I know I couldn't have been able to give a lesson like that without the Holy Ghost! I, and my teachers, are amazed at how quickly my Portuguese has been improving! Being alone one on one has been such a blessing, and the gift to be able to understand and speak the language has been greatly appreciated by me. 

Irmão Machado taught me a very important lesson about prayer, and how it effects all of us. My testimony of prayer has been greatly strengthened because of his lesson, and reminded me of what great grandpa Haueter told me before I left for the MTC; that prayer is important, and that because our Father in Heaven loves us so much, and if we pray to Him fervently, He will answer our prayers. 

My lovely friend Sister Dean left our zone Monday morning, which made us really sad. She literally was the heart of our zone. I know that she will be an amazing missionary. Sister Dean reminds me a lot of Erin in fact, because they have such lovely personalities, and are so loving and spiritual.

Saturday night was so much fun!! Because Sister was leaving, we made a mattress fort in our residence room, and had all the sisters in our zone join us! We ate ice cream from the vending machine, and talked until 11:30 (I know, it was late :p) We definitely felt how late we went to bed the next morning when we had to wake up at 6:30...... oh well! Memories!!! 

Sister Mcclellan is my companion so that I will never be alone, and we have had the best time together! I love her so much, she is amazing! Our P-day has been amazing so far! We got up early and did our wash so that we could spend the day at the temple! We were at the temple from 9 am, to 1:30 pm! 

My whole zone leaves me next Monday :( BUT, we are getting 25 new  missionaries coming into the MTC tomorrow!! I'm so excited! 

So I talked to Elder (Tanner) Smith this week, he is really good at Portuguese! It was funny to see his reaction when i told him that his grandparents basically adopted our family. He played the piano, and sang on Sunday Evening Devotional's special musical number......wow. Yep, he blew the whole audience away with his amazing voice! Now the sisters in my zone want me to ask him to sing the special musical number this Sunday during Sacrament Meeting, because it is all of their last Sunday, haha!

I am eating well mom, and even though it doesn't feel like it sometimes, I am getting enough sleep! 

I loved reading y'all s emails! I'm so happy for you! keep up the great work, and remember that I love you very much! 
Your daughter, Sister (Jessica) Randall
-Força e Honra   

No comments:

Post a Comment