Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 7 December 14, 2015 ARIZONA!

Arizona Sunset


New Companion
Sister Haycock


Hey!

 So I am having a wonderful time in Arizona! My new companion is wonderful! Her name is Sister Haycock, and she is from California. She has been out for 14 months, and does NOT like to think about it. It is actually colder then I thought it would be (45 degrees), that and wet. My companion has let me barrow a coat that she wasn't using, so I am being taken care of. I don't know if it is just getting used to the food, but I have thrown up twice, day one was the first time actually, but I am well just the same. I am in the Queen Creek area, Spanish speaking.....yup. So, I am working hard so as to learn Spanish too! So far I am known as just sitting during the lessons, saying nothing....just smiling.....what else can I do?! I understand the conversations a little, but I don't know how to respond. Luckily most of the ward members speak English too. Sunday was fun (haha), and not just because I couldn't understand anything for the full three hours INCLUDING Branch council meeting, but because our investigator Patricia finally came to church! Yay!! She has been taking the missionary discussions for a few years (I think), and has heard all the lessons several times, she just will not commit to baptism or getting married to her boyfriend of over 20 years. Coming to church was an answer to prayers though, and we pray that she will continue to progress. This is a slow area, and I have found that we are working with a lot of less active members. So many of them don't go to church, or commit to leaving the gospel which makes me sad. I want to help them feel the love of their Savior, especially during this Christmas season. I love all y'all, and pray that you are well!!!

Forca e Honra
-Sister Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment