Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 32 June 6, 2016 " More Hospital Time & Member Blessings"

Hey mom, so not much happened this week because I twisted my foot last Sunday, and it is gradually not getting better. My companion also had to go to the hospital again because she wasn´t better. The past four weeks have been so interesting. We have been trying to do the work, but we can´t right now. After visiting the hospital Saturday night from 6:30 pm until 2:30 am, I was told that I shouldn´t be walking for 5 to six days, and to continue wearing the boot that I have been using. Sister Bogado is getting a little better, but still needs to use specific medications to help her get better. From this whole experience, I have been learning valuable lessons that I never want to forget. I I remember calling the Bishop Saturday night (because it´s hard to ask people to help us because of work, or their phones are disconnected), and he and his wife were right there to take us to the hospital and wait for us until we were done. He also picked us up for church, and a little bit later everyone knew of our situation and were ready to help. Honestly, I haven´t cried in church since my last Sunday in Texas. I cried like a baby sharing my testimony, and expressing my gratitude for the members during this physically hard time for us, and that missionary work is literally impossible without the members. I am SO grateful for this experience because I want to continue to change and work hard. I will be staying in the house of one Sister in the ward for 5 days, while Sister Bogado is on splits with other sisters in the ward. 

I love you Mom, thank you for your emails, and prayers. No need to be worried, I am well taken care of here :)
-With love from your missionary, SIster Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment