Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 10 January 4, 2016 I Am Seeing Miracles!

What a wonderful New Year so far!!! The past week and a half have been amazing as my companion and I are beginning to see miracles! My area has been very slow since I arrived here in Queen Creek, and the investigators that we had were not keeping commitments, and it really did feel like we were sometimes wasting time. Many people were in Mexico for the Holidays, and we were not getting appointments. My companion and I needed to change something that we were doing. We are getting the Bishop more involved (because I think he was a little out of the flow in missionary work), and we are working to strengthen the members in fellow-shipping :) We also, as a Zone, made a commitment to invite everyone we meet to baptism! It's working, and now we have a potential on date to be baptized on the 23rd of this Month! She was indeed a miracle! My companion and I also had a cool experience with an Atheist! The Spirit came really strong while we were talking to him; and when my companion bore testimony, you could see the Spirit working through him! He said thank you with a smile on his face, and gave each of us a hug. He then let us say a prayer with him. The Lord is preparing people, and even though this man may not be quite ready now, a seed has been planted; and we know that his future will be bright. Our door knocking experiences are getting really fun! Baring testimony is so powerful, and I can feel more in my spiritual growth when I share it with everyone! My companion and made a plan to visit and teach all members and less actives in our area the Restoration. It is such a beautiful and powerful message, and I can see how that re-confirmation that the members receive effect their lives! It's so cool!!! I love my area soooooo much, and the members are amazing!!! I also love the people that I meet, and I am excited to see how many of them grow in learning the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
So, after playing my songs at a lot of the members homes, I was asked if I could play the piano for church yesterday (because the brother who plays every Sunday moved to the YSA ward). Even though I can't sight read the hymns very well,  I was happy to do it! I will be playing again this Sunday! New
New Years was fun! The stake held a party at a small family run amusement park, and had members and missionaries invite non members! There was about 7000 people there, and about 2000 of them were non members!!! It was so great! All the missionaries who were serving in the stake greeted people, and helped do little services! When it was 6:00, we needed to go (New Years Eve....yup) so my Zone did an activity in one of the Church buildings. It was really fun! 

To end this email, I would like to share a little spiritual thought on prayer. We are so blessed to have a way given to us to communicate with our Father in Heaven. He hears our prayers. He loves us. He knows our names. He wants us to come to Him in prayer, and he wants us to put our trust and faith in Him. He is willing, through the Holy Ghost, to answer questions, guide us, and comfort us in times of need. Don't take prayer lightly, and something that becomes repetitive. It is a gift, and one that is given freely with no cost. I invite you to take time this week to pray with earnest to your Father in Heaven. It's important, and by doing so, we are blessed in important ways personal to each of us.




I love you all so very much!!!! Tchau!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment