Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 16 February 15, 2016 "Another (almost) Trek Experience"

This has been a hard week for my companion and I. After our middle of the week P-Day, we were thinkng everything would be back to normal..not quite. Thursday afternoon I felt very lightheaded, and thought I could pass out at any moment. I felt really weak. It was a very hot day. That night I started to feel better, I even taught a FHE lesson with a family in our ward whose son is less active, the spirit was strong. 
I woke up Friday morning feeling worse with some pains in my stomach. After calling the mission presidents wife, Sister Oliveira, my companion took me to a doctor place where I got a shot, and an IV.. I didn´t cost anything! I ended up taking several naps that day. To make that day better, we got a call from the brother of our investigator Bento; Bento passed away that morning. That was very hard for us. We visited their family later during the day. Many people were there. Bento was loved by many people. Bento and his four grandchildren had been taking the lessons since my secomd day in this area, and all had accepted baptism. My companion and I visited them again the very next morning to offer what comfort we could give, and say our final goodbye´s to Bento before the truck came to take his casket away. 

Work was terrible that day. When we returned to our house I felt so depressed about everything. Yes, I had another breakdown. I cried for 10 minutes. I felt sick, I couldn´t understand the language, and will all of this, I felt homesick. It is so true when people say that mission´s are hard. I felt like I had so little faith, and so little hope for me ever learning and speaking Português. 
After this experience, I could feel new strength, and the love of my Heavenly Father for me.
When Christ suffered in the Garden, he suffered for not only our sins, but our pains and afflictions as well. Because of the Atonement, we can become better, and our weaknesses can become strengths [Ether 12:27] I have the ability to do hard things, including learning Português. 

Yesturday was a very good day. We had 6 investigators come to church, and I was able to open my mouth more, and speak in Português. That is my biggest fear right now, opening my mouth to speak. After being able to speak with people in Português, a section of my Patriachal Blessing came into my mind, "you will meet many people, and I promise you that when you open your mouth, you will be able to speak to them." 

As this applies to me, it also applies to all people when sharing the message of the Gospel:
 Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say;but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life,and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man. D&C 84:85
I am so grateful for this experience in my life, and with this strength renewed I will work hard to fulfill my purpose.

-Sister Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment