Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 12 January 18, 2016 Rough Day

I´m finally in Brasil!!!! I love my mission president, and his wife; they´re super duper sweet. I have already met many of the elders and sisters in my mission. Brasil is a different world to me, but I can´t wait to become apart of it!!! My time traveling..... I would love to forget a chunk of it. I did my best to not look like a dumb little girl who knows nothing about traveling, but that was a tad difficult for me. after the long night spent on a plane to São Paulo, I discovered that my suitcases were lost (everything was inside), so yes, I´m not very smart when it comes to making sure I have an overnight carry on packed.... It took me forever to figure things out, and to find my next flight, but I made it. I honestly felt like crying there because of being lost, not able to understand anyone, nobody understanding me, being in a country I never set foot in before, and feeling alone. Even though I had the urge to cry, I didn´t; I smiled instead. Through all the craziness though, I had a cool opportunity to speak with a women on my overnight flight to São Paulo. She spoke very little English, but I was able to get to know her!! She has one sister who lives in New York with her husband, and she lives near her mother in Brasil. Their family is Catholic. She told me that she was a school teacher for young children. She loves to play the piano. She also told me about her father, and how much she loved and admired him, and how he passed away two years ago. She is very close to her family. We talked about Jesus Christ, faith, and the importance of families, and how families are close and strong when Christ is the foundation. I talked to her about Eternal families, and she believes it. I admire her faith, and strength. It was so cool!!!! I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had in Gilbert Arizona, I now feel prepared to serve in Brasil!!! And so, the Cuiaba adventure begins!!!
I love you all so very much!!!!
-Sister Randall




No comments:

Post a Comment