Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 15 February 10, 2016 "Yay, Carnaval.... Mas Boa Samana!!!"

This week has been good, but we have had to cut teaching time during the week due to carnaval. It´s been hard to find people to teach because of all the partying for carnaval, but now that it has passed, the good work will go back to normal! 

Many of the new investigators that we find do not progress, it´s been hard. We have had some who we have had cool spiritual experiences with!

One family accepted the invitation to be baptized after the first lesson. After saying the first vision, we asked how they felt, and the grandmother could only say "fé. Eu sinto muito fé." It was a really wonderful experience! 

 We are currently teaching a man, and his 4 grandchildren. His grandchildren (13, 11, 10, and 7) hang on to pretty much every word we say. They have accepted the invitation to be baptised! One day this past week while we were teaching them the 3rd lesson, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, we asked each of the children if they felt like they needed to repent of something, all three of the older children said yes, but the 7 year old said no. He knows, he is still so inocent. It was a special lesson :) 

Since arriving in Brazil, the mission president, and several missionaries have gotten the word out that I sing, and write music. I have had calls from other missionaries asking me where they could find my music on youtube. With all of this, I´ll be playing my Embark in the Service of God song for the mission tour, whoa. I`m excited :) I love sharing! 

I don´t have much else to say for this passed week, but it was a good one :)










No comments:

Post a Comment