Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 11 January 11, 2016 The Sun Is Setting In Arizona...Hint, Hint ; )

So, this past week has been one of the most amazing weeks of my life! I found what my purpose was for being here in Queen Creek, the Gilbert Arizona Mission :)


There is a wonderful family in our ward who we went to teach the Restoration to, and this was my first time to really teach in Spanish. I didn't say much (because my Spanish is even more limited then my Portuguese is, and that's not saying much), but as soon as I said the first two points of the lesson, the sister had tears in her eyes. She told us about how she was really struggling with her testimony, and how she was really doubting the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith. The only reason she was really going to church was because of her calling, but she had decided earlier that say that she was going to stop. Her children said that she needed to read from the Book of Mormon, but she said that she didn't believe any of it any more. She had only been a convert fro some years up to this point. She told my companion that seeing my try hard to tell her that she has a Heavenly Father who loves her, and has a great plan of happiness for her in her language brought her to tears because the Spirit. I didn't understand anything, but I could tell that she was going through something hard. After we left, my companion told me everything that happened. This dear sister told my companion to tell me that I had saved a life that night. This is such a special experience for me, and I can't help but feel the spirit, and get a little emotional every time I think about it. What if I hadn't been worthy of the spirit? What if I just gave up in trying to learn Spanish because it's "too hard." I'm grateful that I was worthy enough to be there at this women's time of spiritual need. The Lord has a plan for each of His children, and this experience has helped me to remember the importance of being obedient so that I will always be ready for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. I know that we have a Loving Heavenly Father who is very aware of each and every one of us, and that we are apart of his great plan of happiness. We have a loving Brother who gave His life for us so that we can return to our Loving Father's presence, with the ones we love, to live in eternal happiness and peace. This life is hard, and it is sometimes hard to see what is in store for us, but we must always be ready to do the things which our Father would have us do.

Zone conference was on Thursday!! It was good, and such a wonderful learning experience!
Our ward is growing closer together, and starting to really move towards the missionary effort!!!! It is so cool to see how everyone is starting to take action!!!

So, I have some very exciting news, and sad news....... I'll start with the sad.
Our only two investigators dropped us, it really hurt........ but we were able to find a golden investigator!!!!!!! Her name is Hilda, and she really wants to learn more. She came to church on Sunday, and definitely wants to come back!!! She loves to way she feels, and believes what we have shared with her, in that she can be with her family forever. She will be going to the Bishops FHE this evening!

ok, now for the second half of the good news...........



                      *DRUMROLL*
JEFFERY R. HOLLAND IS SPEAKING TO OUR MISSION ON THE 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

and there is more to the good news.....
MY VISA IS READY!!!!!!  I will be flying to Brazil on the 18th, a week from today!!!!!!! whoa.....I am service and excited at the same time.\

I love you guys so very much, and the next time I email will be in Brazil!!!
Tchau, till next time!!
-Sister Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment