Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Week 17 February 23, 2017 "Faith Precedes Miracles"

I don´t know how to explain this week, except to say that it was full of happy miracles!!! After a change of a selfish heart, and a fast, all sad feelings went aways, and my soul has been filled with sunshine ever since :) And the miracles keep on coming!

Our new investigator, Valdorizon is keeping commitments, and has not gambled, and is smoking and drinking café (I don´t remember how to spell this word in English...) less ever since we taught him to keep the commandments!!! His sister told him that Mormons were terrorists, but he doesn´t believe that. He is enjoying the lessons, and has a baptism date for the 27 of February!!!

After the death of Bento, it was a little while until we were able to have a lesson with his grandchildren, but we are again able to teach them, AND their father!!! They said that they will work towards having courage to go to church, and continue to learn about the Gospel! My companion and I love them soooo much, and we are always happy to see them :) 

I really don´t like mosquitos, and my legs are a pretty sad sight right now.....oh well. My companion thinks it´s really funny when I say, "Mosquitos têm muito amor por mim" (mosquitos love me) haha, and one of our investigators told me that by the time I return home, the mosquitos here will be able to speak English, haha. 

The Mission Tour was amazing, and it was really great to hear from Elder Arnold of the 70´s, his wife, and the Mission President and his wife. I was able to perform my Embark in the Service of God song, and we could all really feel the Spirit after. Elder Arnold told me that the song brought tears to his eye´s. We all have the responsibility to share the message of the restored gospel with all people. This past month I have been studying a lot about the Tree of Life. All who have the fullness of the Gospel in their lives have partaken of the wonderful fruit of the tree, but we must not stop here. We must continue to hold tight to the Word of God, and help others do the same. 
There is a wonderful article about the Tree of Life in the February Liahona, and I invite you to read and study!! I feel very enlightened after this study :)

I love you all!!!! Até Mais,Tchau!!!




 
                          "After a long day of hard work, oh how we love to sleep!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment